Snowdonia Country Cottages - BOOKING CONDITIONS
These conditions carefully set out the basis of your agreement with Snowdonia Country Cottages. In making a booking, you warrant that you are 18 years of age and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Terms - All terms are either per week (Friday to Friday) or per short break (start day as specified) for the accommodation as equipped and described. The usual check-in time is 4pm (subject to unavoidable delays). The check-out time (usually 10am) will be shown on your hire invoice. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
2. Making a Booking - All bookings are subject to availability. A binding contract only comes into existence once we have confirmed availability, received your deposit and we have issued a hire invoice and booking acceptance by e-mail, fax or post. You must check your hire invoice and booking acceptance as well as all other documents we send you carefully as soon as you receive them. If any information appearing on any document appears to be inaccurate in any way, you must let us know straight away. We regret we cannot accept any liability to make changes if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 7 days of our sending it out.
3. Number in your Party - The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us. Babies under 2 are not normally counted as members of your party. We have the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to any party exceeding these limitations, or to terminate the holiday of anyone exceeding these limitations at any time during the holiday.
4. Payment - When you book a 20% non-refundable deposit is payable immediately. Your balance is due and payable by the date printed on your Hire Invoice (8 weeks before your holiday start date). For bookings made within 8 weeks of your holiday start date you pay the full amount when you make your booking including the relevant security deposit. If the balance is not received by the appointed date, Snowdonia Country Cottages shall be entitled to cancel the booking and all deposits and payments already made shall be forfeited.
5. Changes by You - Up to 8 weeks before the holiday start date you may change your holiday start date to another date within the same calendar year, subject to availability. Subsequent cancellations are not permitted. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you). Please note: Bookings can only be transfered to another date at time of cancellation and additionally may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
6. Cancellation by You - Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel and on the same day send us written confirmation quoting your booking reference. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your written confirmation by post, email or fax, which will be acknowledged. No refunds are made if you cancel within 8 weeks of your start date. Any deposit and payment made within 8 weeks of the holiday start date is non-refundable.
7. Linen, Towels and Keys - Except for cots, bed linen and towels are provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Please take bed linen for cots with you as required.
8. Cancellation by Us - Very occasionally, in circumstances of ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 15 or in event of the sale of the propery, we may have to cancel your booking. We will tell you as soon as possible, and offer you an alternative or a full refund. We regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
9. Website Accuracy - We have taken care to ensure the accuracy at the time of publication of our website, however information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and facilities and its description, as we are always looking for ways to make improvements. We cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any property or its facilities and/or services. We will use our best endeavours to notify you of any changes to, or inaccuracies in any information contained on our website as soon as reasonably practicable after we become aware of that change or inaccuracy.
10. Amenities and Facilities - We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
11. Unreasonable or Anti-Social Behaviour - We have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to anyone who, in our reasonable opinion is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and we will have no further liability. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause danger or significant annoyance to others or damage to property. In these circumstances, no refund will be given. Please note that unreasonable behaviour specifically includes smoking by any member of your party in a property specifically designated (and advertised by us) as a no smoking property.
12. Damage to the Property - You are liable for any damage caused in the property during the period of hire. We have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
13. Disabled, Infirm and Restricted Mobility Visitors - Due to the age, location and character of the properties access to and the layout/features are unsuitable for visitors who are disabled, infirm or who have restricted mobility. Every effort has been made to ensure that our description makes this clear.
14. Security Deposits - We reserve the right to ask for payment of a security deposit against extra costs for excessive cleaning, damages, breakages or expenses incurred. The accommodation is self-catering not serviced and terms of the security deposit is that the property is left at check out as you found it upon taking occupancy. The deposit (and the amount payable) will be confirmed to you on your Booking Confirmation. The deposit is payable 8 weeks prior to your holiday start date along with full payment and will be returned to you within 14 days of departure. Circumstances where the security deposit will be wholly or partially retained include - but are not limited to - the following:
- Smoking in the property
- Occupancy exceeding the specified or agreed limit
- Grill pan left full of grease or fat
- Hob / Oven / Microwave splattered inside with baked on food
- Flushing non-degradable items down the toilet, causing blockages
- Dirty cups, plates, cutlery etc. left out
- Food left in fridge and cupboards
- Broken or damaged furniture (including burns, cup marks / rings)
- Candle Wax spilt on floors & furniture
- Bins & recycling not emptied inot external bins by door
- Barbeques left full and grill dirty
- Missing items, including electrical goods, towels, linen, kitchen items, maps, books, DVD's CD's or Videos
15. Force Majeure - We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we as owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, restricted access to the property outside our control, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond our control.
16. Pets - Regrettably due to a series of recent incidents we can no longer accept pets in any of our properties.
17. Your Belongings - Your belongings, vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. We do not accept any liability for loss of, or damage to, personal effects, baggage, vehicles, or any other item belonging to the hirer or hirer’s party from any cause whatsoever.
18. Personal Travel Insurance - You are strongly recommended to take out Personal Travel Insurance for your holiday.
19. Data Protection Policy - We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your booking and second, to provide you with the best possible service. The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, telephone number and email address. Your personal details will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any third party whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of fulfilling your booking. We will not send you unsolicited emails unless you have given us your express consent other than confirmation or informational emails pertaining to your order. Any marketing or promotional emails you have elected to receive from us will have an option to unsubscribe in accordance with Direct Marketing regulations. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please contact us.
20. Fair Usage Policy - Electricty and LPG gas are included in your booking, however this is limited to TYPICAL or AVERAGE consumption. We reserve the right to charge a supplement where usage is more than is reasonable or typical.